Monday, November 26, 2007

Jesus for President

I have not used the powerful platform of this blog to advocate for a particular political candidate. But this weekend I discovered that there is an alternative candidate that the liberal media has not been covering. Even worse, this candidate, whom many of you know and love, has run before. If you Google the name of his movement, "Jesus for President," you will find that as long ago as 2000 (remember the turn of the millenium?), this good man was a candidate. He and his surrogates have been using YouTube as a medium for getting out the message (a problem for them back in 2000), and if you want to see more of the campaign and its message, go to YouTube and search for "Jesus for President." I think you will realize, as I have, that the answer to our nation's problems is right in front of us.

Here (below) is one of the most effective of the campaign's video spots. In it, the Son of God appears as himself, most surprising, perhaps, for his choice of clothing. It looks like a Christmas sweater from his mom. But the message is one we all need to hear, particularly the parts in which he corrects some of the misinformation in the Bible (which he refers to as a biography).

Bishop Ken endorses Jesus. And so do I. What about you? Will you put your politics where your faith is? Obama, Hilary, John, Rudy, Mitt, John, Fred, Harry, and Dave (just to make sure I have covered them all) are telling us that they pray. Well, why not go right to the top and elect the one to whom or through whom they pray? I have not heard the leaders of America's churches speak about Jesus' candidacy. I wonder why they are so quiet. Since the Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church is the one I look to for guidance, I will ask her directly (I know she reads this blog): When are you going to endorse Jesus? (And, by the way, I saw your performance as Kate Blanchett playing Bob Dylan in "I'm Not There" and I thought you were fabulous.)


No comments: